Monday, January 25, 2010

Question #2

Q: Minimum wage workers often report feeling invisible. Where do you encounter minimum wage workers? What sorts of services do they provide? Have you ever worked in a low-wage job? If so, what was your experience?

A:Everywhere we turn there are minimum wage workers all around us. We see them in stores, we see them on the streets and we may even see them at home. We encounter them everyday; I encounter minimum wage workers at Wal-Mart every time I go. It’s not a bad thing; they are still making a living off of minimum wage and its fine. They provide many services such as workers at grocery stores, workers at clothing stores like jeans warehouse or hot topic, Jamba juice workers, Starbucks’ workers, waitresses, waiters. Even my brother used to be one before he went off to college. He worked at McDonalds for about 2 years getting paid $8.30 an hour. He would come home mad and frustrated because he hated work, but he still did it because he needed the money. I guess you just have to suck it up sometimes because it’s not always so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment